Friday, July 16, 2010

Why I Write This Blog

I know your pain Mr. Popsicle.

Anyway, I write this blog cause my summer has been really uneventful (but it's starting to pick up), I've gone to one of my friend's concerts for his band Pangea. I've gone to New York a couple times with my cousin Jason, who brought me into and interest of photography. And I've played lots of World of Warcraft and video games. Don't get me wrong, I love all those things. But, after overcoming a stint of depression, going back to school, and forming and fixing friendships, I just expected a lot of it hanging out with my friends.

I've gotten a few phone calls and such, but nothing ever really became of it. I mean, my friends I met on the internet are by far some of the greatest friends I can ask to have, but they're all much older than me, and none live by me. Plus my parents are those parents that think anyone on the internet are gonna kidnap me... but yeah.

My friends never contact me, and it pains me when I was trying to set up seeing a concert (which didn't happen) with a friend he asks me "Are you going to the movies tonight?". It just sucks when I have to say, oh I wasn't invited. I just feel like I'm that awkward guy from the movies that Jesse Eisenberg and Michael Cera play. Except, at the end of the movie they wind up getting laid and happy or whatever. I know I'm cool with kids at my school. And I have good friends from my school and what not, and maybe I don't put enough effort into hanging out with them, but I never get the phone call. Maybe it's also because not a lot of people know my phone number, and my phone's be broken all summer until a week ago. But there are other ways of contact, Facebook, Myspace, AIM, Yahoo, Skype, and etc.

Anyway, now I'm giving away the illusion I'm some friendless loser. Which is only half true. (Insert emoticon that displays joking, I guess?) Anyway, I also write this blog because I wanted a scheme to make money. I thought adsense was that key... but it's not, I couldn't even it work it. But instead I realized it's a fun thing to do. I love writing, and I think my opinion is a lot more mature and different than the rest of my age group. Hopefully, this blog will catch on in popularity somehow, and people will start looking at it.

Also, I love writing. I love it every way possible. I consider it my one true talent, cause I hate sports, suck at FPS games, and so on. I am pretty good at World of Warcraft raiding... and RPing.

So yeah, Internets, you are my vent. Now do your magic and make me a millionaire. Haha, I wish.



Image from http://drytoasts.wordpress.com/ I did not draw it all. Don't sue me for copyright infringement. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment