Saturday, July 24, 2010

"You're Gay" "Well You're Ignorant and Unoriginal"

Today, someone called me a "gay homo". First of all, that's a little redundant. Second, I'm not all that insulted, I have gay friends and family, and they are all fucking awesome.

   Whether their sexual preference has anything to do with it, I don't know, but I approve of gay relationships 100%. I don't really care about other people's sexuality, and I don't mean that negatively. People could be homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, or they could love autobots (or an Audibot =D). Though, I don't know how that would work in bed... Regardless! Calling me a gay homo is closer to a compliment than an insult, So, Several Idiot World of Warcraft Players, several YouTube commenters, and kids in my school, I apologize, for your futile attempts to hurt me have failed. Instead I laugh at you, and I know how much of an ignorant jackass you are. Also, it's not even an original attempt at an insult.
   In fact, the only thing that bothers me when it comes to the term "gay" is when it is used as a synonym to "lame". It's a gigantic pet peeve of mine, and I usually try and correct people for it and then I come off as a condescending jackass. Using the term gay as synonym to lame or "that sucks" is not always a sign of homophobic attitude in my opinion, because even I used it like that once. The problem is kids grow up around people their age and older saying that, and television contributes. Shows like South Park are both popular and use the terms gay and fag as something negative in nearly every episode, sometimes this is okay in the acting world, because Cartman's character is an ignorant douchebag, whether South Park's writers have a prejudice to homosexuals, I don't know, but South Park is a touchy show, which touches controversial things, so I doubt South Park hates every single type of person that is not a white straight male. Now I'm rambling about television, what I'm trying to say that is kids grow up thinking  the term "gay" is just another word for lame or stupid. I think I might have a solution or two to fix that problem too as well, but you'll just have to wait for it.

I guess my largest complaint is the lack of creativity in all insults. Please, can't anyone call me a selfish, steaming pile of putrid shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment