Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today's Mainstream Music - Beyond Meh

Actual conversation between me and my cousin.

Me: Hey John, what are you listening to?
John: Lil Wayne. He's the best musical artist to man! His songs his are so deep and raw!

Mainstream music is not only dead, but it doesn't even deserve a funeral. I'd like to address this to my cousin, John D. Lil Wayne is -crap-, absolute garbage. I could produce better vocals and music if I was a deaf mute. The fact that songs like Lollipop are popular are disgusting. With lyrics like: "Man, she ain't never had a love like mine. And man I ain't never seen an ass like hers. And that pussy in my mouth had me loss for words. Told her back it up like erp erp. And I made that ass jump like jerk, jerk" Seriously what kind of garbage is that? Is that what my generation finds entertaining? Shitty lyrics about sex and the female anatomy? Is there an creativity in that? That's basically just a conversation or the thoughts/fantasies of a horny teen, add some auto-tune, and somehow call it music.

That's the first thing I am going to address. Now there is the whole thing unoriginality in mainstream music. Let's start with Lady Gaga. a prime example. Gaga is Madonna recycled. Madonna wore crazy outfits. Gaga wore crazy outfits. Madonna sang poppy, catchy, repetitive music. Gaga did too. Madonna did it with a nice balance though. Gaga parades around on stage with camel sometimes! And don't even get me started on the shit she pulled at that Mets game, wearing underwear, and get pissed off when people take pictures. Not only is she famous, she's acting like an IDIOT wearing underwear and a jersey, she's attracting people to her like flies, and Gaga is the steaming pile of crap. Of course people are going to take pictures!

Next up, let's talk about current rock. I used to love rock/punk/ska music. Less Than Jake, Social Distortion, Weezer, The Offspring, Switchfoot, etc. But I grew tired of it. It all sounds the same. In fact, all mainstraim music is just offspring copycats of each other. Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez (And what's with all Disney stars also having a music career?) Justin Bieber is freaking Aaron Carter again. Ludacris, Usher. It's all the same generic crap. It's boring. And don't get me started on that Ke$ha freaking made a new genre of music! SHE FUCKING TALKS AND AUTOTUNES IT! That's NOT MUSIC!

And then there is the genre of rap and hip/hop. Eminem, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Black Eyed Peas, T.I, Kanye West, Flo Rida, etc. I hate mainstream hip-hop/rap. With a burning passion. Like I said above, it's all recycled and nothing new. As Greg Allman said, rap rhymes with crap because that's what it is.

Well there. Now you know my opinion on mainstream music. I hate it. Tommorrow expect a post on what music I do like, probably just a list and few songs though, nothing in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment